OCTOBER 2021: Government of Canada Update – Canadian COVID Proof of Vaccination
JULY 2021: Vaccine Hesitancy Information Guide
- Vaccine Information Guide (University of Calgary)
JUNE 2021: Government of Canada Updates
- Vaccinated against COVID? What does it mean?
- Vaccinated against COVID? What happens next?
- Going out? Do it safely. (English)
- Going out? Do it safely. (Cree)
- Going out? Do it safely. (Michif)
APRIL 16, 2021: Government of Canada and Government of Alberta Vaccine Information Updates:
- COVID 19 Vaccines – Get the Facts
- COVID 19- Variants of Concern
- COVID 19 Vaccine- Phase 2 B Eligibility
- Isolation and Quarantine Requirements
Watch our information video here: MARCH 2021
Please click here for our response to the Covid-19 Pandemic.
Like everyone else, the Metis Settlements General Council Executive have been watching the global response to the spread of COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus. First and foremost, we offer our thoughts and our prayers to all those who have been infected by the virus and to everyone now dealing with the consequences of this global pandemic.
Given the seriousness of the situation and the efforts being made by Alberta and Canada to reduce the risk of transmission, as well as the impact on our health care system, MSGC will be adjusting normal operations.
For the week of March 16, all public MSGC meetings are cancelled.
The Executive will assess the situation on March 20 and make further determinations.
We would like to reiterate the advice from the Government of Alberta and from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer, Deena Hinshaw:
- Exercise social distancing: leave one-to-two metres of distance between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often and for a minimum of 20 seconds: sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice to time this out.
- Do not panic: grocery stores will remain stocked and essential products and services continue to be stocked.
- Be prepared: on your next grocery run, pick up a few extra cans of soup, some frozen meals, and some Tylenol and Advil to keep on hand if you have to remain in your homes for an extended period of time.
By working together, caring for one another, and listening to the advice of our health care professionals, we will all help to overcome this challenge.
Below are links to some additional resources:
Coronavirus Measures in MSGC Office Building