- April 18, 2023
- Posted by: Catherine Keill
Alberta Health Services is inviting Metis Settlement community leaders, staff, and volunteers to
register for Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) sessions.
About NCI Training
With an emphasis on early intervention and prevention, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention educates
on best managing a crisis during all levels of escalation, from early anxiety cues up to physical
NCI Training is broken down into 10 units that focus on:
• Organizational models in Crisis Development and Verbal Escalation
• Verbal, Non-verbal and Para-verbal communication skills
• Decision Making, Therapeutic Rapport and Postvention approaches
• Managing physical risk behavior through disengagement and/or holding skills
Who Should Attend?
We recommend this session for Metis Settlement staff, community leaders and volunteers.
Training Cost: Free
When & Where
Lac La Biche
9110 – 93 Street
William J. Cadzow – Lac La Biche Healthcare Centre – Basement Training Room
May 30, 2023 @ 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
10335 172 St NW
Metis Settlements General Council
3rd Floor Boardroom
June 1, 2023 @ 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
How to Register
Complete the online application form. Limited spots are available.
Read the FAQ or email MetisTraining@ahs.ca