- March 15, 2020
- Posted by: Webmaster
- Category: Health and Wellness, News
Like everyone else, the Metis Settlements General Council Executive have been watching the global response to the spread of COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus. First and foremost, we offer our thoughts and our prayers to all those who have been infected by the virus and to everyone now dealing with the consequences of this global pandemic.
Given the seriousness of the situation and the efforts being made by Alberta and Canada to reduce the risk of transmission, as well as the impact on our health care system, MSGC will be adjusting normal operations.
We would like to reiterate the advice from the Government of Alberta and from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer, Deena Hinshaw:
- Exercise social distancing: leave one-to-two metres of distance between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often and for a minimum of 20 seconds: sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice to time this out.
- Do not panic: grocery stores will remain stocked and essential products and services continue to be stocked.
- Be prepared: on your next grocery run, pick up a few extra cans of soup, some frozen meals, and some Tylenol and Advil to keep on hand if you have to remain in your homes for an extended period of time.
By working together, caring for one another, and listening to the advice of our health care professionals, we will all help to overcome this challenge.
Below are links to the most recent Covid-19 Health Updates:
Below are links to resources of the Covid-19 Vaccine:
Below are links to some additional resources: