- March 15, 2020
- Posted by: Webmaster
- Category: Health and Wellness, News
Like everyone else, the Metis Settlements General Council Executive have been watching the global response to the spread of COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus. First and foremost, we offer our thoughts and our prayers to all those who have been infected by the virus and to everyone now dealing with the consequences of this global pandemic.
Given the seriousness of the situation and the efforts being made by Alberta and Canada to reduce the risk of transmission, as well as the impact on our health care system, MSGC will be adjusting normal operations.
We would like to reiterate the advice from the Government of Alberta and from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer, Deena Hinshaw:
- Exercise social distancing: leave one-to-two metres of distance between yourself and others.
- Wash your hands often and for a minimum of 20 seconds: sing the ‘Happy Birthday’ song twice to time this out.
- Do not panic: grocery stores will remain stocked and essential products and services continue to be stocked.
- Be prepared: on your next grocery run, pick up a few extra cans of soup, some frozen meals, and some Tylenol and Advil to keep on hand if you have to remain in your homes for an extended period of time.
By working together, caring for one another, and listening to the advice of our health care professionals, we will all help to overcome this challenge.
Below are links to the most recent Covid-19 Health Updates:
01 22 21 North Zone IC Update COVID-19
01 15 21 North Zone IC Update COVID-19
Below are links to resources of the Covid-19 Vaccine:
Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine – What you should know.
COVID-19 Poster 1 English FINAL
COVID- 19 Vaccination Information MSGC
Brochure re COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy_EN
COVID-19 Poster 2 English FINAL
Below are links to some additional resources:
ISC COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit – Update 1
ISC-AB Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – Bulletin January 22 2021
Indigenous Service Resource COVID October 232020
Psychological First Aid – After a Disaster or Emergency
External Funding Opportunities
Cultral Support After Hours Poster
Help Desk Indigenous Leadership – COVID 19
Covid-19 Toolkit Taking Charge of What You Can 05-06-2020
Coronavirus Measures in MSGC Office Building
COVID 19 – and Your Mental Health
Indigenous Service Resource COVID 19